Thursday, October 28, 2010

GREEN Businesses Promote People, Planet and Profit

Official seal of the National Organic ProgramImage via Wikipedia
Many of you know that your closet is full of garments made from countries all over the world.  I cannot say that I am void of these. I mean, let's face it. We are living in one of the hardest economies of our time.  However, without getting too political, "we must be the change we wish to see in the world" (Ghandi).

After the fabulous Belladonna Marie fashion show, on Portland's waterfront OBB, I received some engaging feedback from fans, press, buyers, and even the models.  Even though, admittedly, being a 'green' designer is extremely challenging, the feedback reiterated why I decided to become a designer in the first place.

Every time I create a B.Marie look, I am not only excited about the style created, but also the ethical grounds that each look stands upon. 

I know that it is hard to commit to a completely 'green' lifestyle, especially when finances are tough.  I do think, however, that if more people understood what was involved in producing garments, inorganically, they may reconsider their purchases, despite the costs. 

Without going to far into this, and boring you to death, I hope this makes you reconsider your buying decisions. Support the 'green' designers, or at least the local businesses.


Thanks for reading.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment