Friday, May 14, 2010

Mercury Madness

A week ago, today, my friends and I rocked it out at the annual, Spring Mercury Fashion show. I must say the people of Portland's Mercury know how to put on a show!


Some of my favorite designers of the night were Liza Rietz, (liza-rietz.etsy.com), Janeane Marie, (janeane-marie.com), and Isaac Hers (phloxpdx.com). Each of these designers understand their niche and remain true to that. I actually felt cheated when only 4 looks of Janeane marie were showcased. I turned to my friends with a "was that it?".

Although all of the designers had something great to offer the audience, I believe the one that made us all think was Adam Arnold. Totally unexpected, we watched in awe as models came out in sleeping-bag-like apparel and slurpees! That's right - we all had to take a double. With laughs and appreciation, he definitely made a point. As noted in the program, our society has fallen in love with comfort! Comfort food, comfort activities and yes - comfort fashion.


All said and done, Mercury provided a great night to enjoy my gal pals and speak fashion. Because that, my readers, is really what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment