Thursday, September 9, 2010

How To Choose a Favorite Season

Choosing a favorite season, to me, is like choosing a favorite movie.  There are too many things I like about each one, especially when it comes to fashion.

When it comes to just enjoying the season for what it is, summer is definitely up there on the charts.  I love the sun, even if it is only a month long in the Northwest.  Summer fashion is fun, especially the colors, because you can really get carried away without it being too faux-peax. 

Fall...need I say more.  Walking out my front door, in a beautiful trenchcoat, coffee in hand, light breeze on my face, visions of orange and yellow leaves all around me, is a sensory overload I truly appreciate. Being a true holiday-fanatic, visions and thoughts of holidays enter my mind.  All I begin to think about is parties, friends, family, and possible adventure.

A true winter, in my opinion, is filled with white snow.  Having lived in the Portland area for almost 10 years, I just couldn't take another winter without my cold, white friend. So, we spent an entire week in Leavenworth, WA.  If you haven't been there - it is a must see and stay. Think Germany in the USA.
And, don't forget to bring a parka - I recommend something in red, green or white.

Blossoms on the trees are the first tell-tale sign that Spring is here! It is like a cousin who you don't mind being gone, but when they return you don't know how you lived without them. Finally, the sun appears. And then it rains, and rains and rains! Wait a second, I thought it was Spring. In this beautiful Northwest, our Winter and Spring kind of run into each other. BLAH! At least we get to make good use out of those beautiful trenches and raincoats.

If you are already ready for Spring and Summer, check out http://www.belladonnamarie.com/, where the SS2011 collection is on sale now!

No comments:

Post a Comment