Monday, September 13, 2010

How to Feel Like the Biggest Loser

E3 2010 THQ Biggest Loser boothImage by popculturegeek.com via Flickr
Last Winter, I was patiently awaiting for the eco-friendly fashion show to come. I believe it is held annually in Portland. For a stay-at-home-mom and fashion designer, I was ecstatic to have a day to myself, running around fashion booths and watching shows.


The first thing I noticed, as we pulled up to the Convention Center, was the massive line wrapping around the building. What! I knew that Green was the new black, but never in a million years did I expect the show to be this packed.  Nevertheless, I was determined to go. Even if I knew I might have to wait in line for 2 hours. That would be 2 hours of me, being able to hear myself think.

Of course, it started raining the second I got out, but I am practically from Portland. We eat, live and breathe rain.
According to me, just like any other event, when you go to a fashion show, you dress the part.  As I walked through the crowd, looking down at my knee-high leather boots, high-waisted, knee-length trench, I started to feel out of place. No-one else was wearing boots! No-one else had a cute trench on! No else even had their hair done!  IN fact, the more I looked around, the more I realized that every single person was in tennis shoes and sweat pants. Sweat pants!  I know this is a Green show, and there are so many variations of what that means, but sweats!

Finally, I decided to ask someone what was going on.  After several 'death' looks, those which you really only recieve in high-school, a lady finally responded.  "This is for the Biggest Loser, and you will definitely not make the cut." I was never more thankful for that, but at that moment felt like the biggest loser.

I immediately made my way to Starbucks and called my hubby to come get me.  Even though I never made it to my anticipated fashion show, I will always have the BIGGEST LOSER story to tell people.

For garments that actually are sustainable and stylish, go to http://www.belladonnamarie.com/.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment