Thursday, September 23, 2010

Music or Silence

I was once asked, "If you had to give up ever listening to music or ever seeing the world around you again, which would you choose?".  I use both sight and sound to inspire me in both my personal and professional life, and hopefully I will never have to answer that question.

Music plays a huge role in being a fashion designer. It takes the clothing from being lifeless fabrics to animated artwork. What would the runway be without music?

Even when creating my original sketches, music begins to take a foundational role.  I know that many designers work well with silence, but I love how music takes my designs into something I never would have imagined without it. 

Emotion is continually drawn from music. Whether it be ecstatic, depressed, solemn, balanced or any other state of being, music can take us there and back!  That is why I could never choose between sight and sound, and also why I definitely use music to inspire me.

To see my inspired looks for SS2011, check out http://www.belladonnamarie.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment